Carbon Monoxide Poisoning is a serious thing. Today we are going to talk a little more about it and how you can make sure your property is compliant and safe!

What is Carbon Monoxide? 

Carbon Monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, poisonous gas produced by the incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels, including gas, oil, wood, and coal. Carbon-based fuels are safe to use BUT when the fuel does not burn properly excess CO is produced, which is poisonous.

When CO enters the body, it prevents the blood from bringing oxygen to cells, tissues, and organs.

It is very toxic and dangerous.

According to the HSE statistics every year around 7 people die from CO poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues that have not been properly installed, maintained, or that are poorly ventilated.

Three Ways to Avoid Carbon Monoxide Poisoning!

There are three signs that you can look out for which indicate incomplete combustion is occurring and may result in the production of CO:

  • yellow or orange rather than blue flames (except fuel effect fires or flueless appliances which display this colour flame)
  • soot or yellow/brown staining around or on appliances and pilot lights that blow out often
  • increased condensation inside windows

What are the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning? 

  • headaches or dizziness
  • breathlessness
  • nausea
  • loss of consciousness
  • tiredness
  • pains in the chest or stomach
  • erratic behavior
  • visual problems

If you experience any of these symptoms contact your local doctor.

Do I need a Carbon Monoxide Detector? 

Landlords in the UK are required to have a carbon monoxide detector installed in their property.
It is currently not required for homeowners altho we do recommend having one installed.

For landlords, you must have a Co detector in every room a flue passes through!
You also need one for a gas fire.

Incredibly 27% of landlords have not properly installed smoke detectors throughout their homes.
Read more HERE

What services does Quinnery Cover in regards to Carbon Monoxide Protection for Homes?

Quinnergy checks your carbon monoxide detectors during a Landlord Gas Safety Service. A Carbon Monoxide Detector is not a requirement for homeowners but we recommend installing one in your home as extra protection for your family.

We check to make sure your Co detector is up to date and working properly and that you have the correct number of Carbon Monoxide Detectors installed in your property.

You can learn about our Gas Safety Service for Landlords HERE
To request a Carbon Monoxide Detector for your home please visit HERE

PIN IT

Avoid Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Avoid Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

LEARN MORE 

QUINNERGY SERVICES

We do Heating, Electrical, & Plumbing Coverage for Home Owners, Landlords & Letting Agencies.

💰 Landlord Services
+ EICR – Electrical Installation Condition Report
+ EPC – Energy Performance Certificate
+ GSC – Gas Safety Certificate
+ LRA – Legionella Risk Assessment
+ PAT – Portable Appliance Testing
+ FFE – Fire Fighting Equipment
+ Smoke Alarm Checks
LEARN MORE: https://quinnergy.co.uk/landlord-cert…

🏠 Homeowner Services
+ Complete Homecare Package
+ All Heating Package
+ All Electricity Package
+ All Plumbing
+ Annual Servicing
+ Priority Breakdown Cover
+ EICR – Electrical Installation Condition Report
+ PAT – Portable Appliance Testing
+ GSC – Gas Safety Certificate
+ FFE – Fire Fighting Equipment
LEARN MORE:
https://quinnergy.co.uk/home-services/

💎 Premium Service: 24hr Emergency line Unlimited callouts No price hikes!

We also offer a complete 24hr home-care package, starting at 35p per day, meaning you have access to all of our services, all the time! If you want to ensure your home/property remains in its best possible condition, give us a call, or head over to our website for a quote.

✉️ Email: admin@quinnergy.co.uk
📞 Phone: 01355 201206

Learn more about Gas Safety Requirements for Homeowners in the UK