A gas safety certificate is a must for any landlord wanting to rent out an accommodation. A Gas Safe registered engineer comes to a property to carry out checks on all gas appliances and pipework to ensure everything is safe. 


Gas safe registered engineers will inspect all your gas appliances (boiler, hob, over, fire etc) to ensure they are working correctly and safely.

By law landlords have responsibility to make sure there property is safe for tenants, including:

All gas appliances provided for use by tenants have an annual inspection.

Any pipe work, flues, and equipment is maintained to an approved standard.

An in date gas safety certificate must be provided to tenants before they move in.

Gas safety inspections must be carried out annually and records must be kept for 2 years. 

A gas safety certificate last for 12 months after which a landlord must renew. If you are in need of landlord compliance services including a CP12 gas safety certificate contact us discuss works required.

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap