All appliances in a property must be PAT tested every 12 months to ensure they are in good working order. Again this is all part of ensuring the whole property provided to tenants is kept to a safe standard.
The boring part that we must comply with…
PAT Testing Legislation
Business owners, landlords, public service providers and employers are required, by law, to take steps to ensure that electrical equipment within your property is safe to use. the legislation of specific relevance to electrical maintenance is:
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- General legislative guidance
This guidance has been prepared with reference to the Institution of Electrical Engineers Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment. Although reference is made to legislation, this guide should not be considered as legal advice. In cases of doubt, the specific legislation mentioned should be consulted and legal advice obtained.